Medxcel is here to lead the transformation of healthcare facilities management by incorporating a new approach to providing services. Created by healthcare, for healthcare, we have a dedicated focus on our people and customers, as well as providing tools, processes, support resources, data analytics and insource strategies that drive results.
The Electrical Systems Manager Design Integration is responsible for defining and leading Medxcel’ s approach to integrated Electrical Systems Design within our Design Integration team. Electrical Systems Manager Design Integration in collaboration with the Director Design Integration, Preconstruction & Engineering, Construction Programs, Energy and Strategic Planning will provide leadership and support to Medxcel’s Electrical Systems Design Standards and Specifications while monitoring planned capital projects for compliance. A primary focus will be ensuring the overall cohesiveness of facilities’ Electrical Systems Design in alignment with the mission and strategy of Ascension and Medxcel. The Electrical Systems Manager Design Integration will model all aspects of professionalism with emphasis on establishing the system’s productive role in significant capital projects.
This position will be located at Central Office - Indianapolis, IN.
• Responsible for leadership of all Electrical System(s) Design & Specifications
• Represent Planning, Design, Construction and Energy in key initiatives
• Participate in PDC/E committees and workgroups
• Lead process improvement initiatives related to facility Electrical Systems Design & Specification, including alignment with Preconstruction, Construction Programs and Energy / Facilities Performance
• Facilitate advancement of Electrical Systems design development, procurement planning, and scope development
• Co-Lead internal Electrical Systems Design Reviews with Preconstruction, Engineering and Energy
• Actively participate, advise and act as the Medxcel Electrical Systems expert/advocate in Skyline / Strategic Project Design Reviews
• Participate in all electrical systems related Capital Project Design Exception review process(es)
• In collaboration with the Director Design Integration, determine and advise on use of 3rd party support to achieve design and standards objectives
• Advise on health, safety and financial risks related to electrical systems within Capital projects
• In tandem with the Design Integration, Engineering, Preconstruction and Construction teams, coordinate a value-based approach to Electrical Systems which meets the needs of both Capital Management and Medxcel Operations function of the business.
• Ensure Medxcel PDC / Energy is adhering to all applicable Building Codes, FGI, industry and Ascension Design Standards, while balancing all other elements to manage the Total Cost of Ownership
• Provide continual support and input to update Medxcel’ s Design Standards on a Quarterly basis, continuously reviewing our Capital Projects against those Standards.
• Act as the primary liaison for all external professional service firms related to this area of expertise. Review applications for Design Consulting Contracts and ensure all service firms meet Medxcel & Ascension standards concerning Conduct, Safety, and Operating policies, procedures and requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
• Professional Engineer (PE), License or certification in Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field required
• Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC), Certified Healthcare Facilities Management (CHFM) or other related healthcare certification preferred
• At least four years’ experience electrical engineering required
• At least 5 years’ experience within a healthcare environment and managing external resources in a matrix environment preferred
• At least 10 years’ experience in electrical engineering preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated Problem solving – identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner by gathering and skillfully analyzing information in a complex environment
• Demonstrated Planning/organizing – prioritizing and planning work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of a matrix organization, including technology, tools, and processes
• Proven experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite,
• Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage resources in a matrix reporting structure
• Demonstrated Critical Thinking skills – demonstrated ability to approach technical design and construction issues, identify alternative solutions, make recommendations, and present them in an easily understood manner
• Demonstrated decisive judgment – ability to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound and objective conclusions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects from establishing project scope, resources, roles, responsibilities, communication, prioritization to goal completion
• Accountability – Proven ability to take responsibility for action and results
• Proven ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
• Proven ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations, and internal procedures
• Strong understanding of design / engineering and construction methods and philosophies pertaining to healthcare facilities
• 25-50% travel required