Medxcel is here to lead the transformation of healthcare facilities management by incorporating a new approach to providing services. Created by healthcare, for healthcare, we have a dedicated focus on our people and customers, as well as providing tools, processes, support resources, data analytics and insource strategies that drive results.
The Architectural Manager Design Integration is responsible for defining and leading Medxcel’ s approach to integrated Architectural Design within our Design Integration team. Architectural Manager Design Integration in collaboration with the Director Design Integration, Preconstruction & Engineering, Construction Programs, Energy and Strategic Planning will provide leadership and support to Medxcel’s Architectural Design Standards and Specifications while monitoring planned capital projects for compliance. A primary focus will be ensuring the overall cohesiveness of facilities’ Architectural Design in alignment with the mission and strategy of Ascension and Medxcel. The Architectural Manager Design Integration will model all aspects of professionalism with emphasis on establishing the system’s productive role in significant capital projects.
This position will be located at Central Office - Indianapolis, IN.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated Problem solving – identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner by gathering and skillfully analyzing information in a complex environment
• Demonstrated Planning/organizing – prioritizing and planning work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of a matrix organization, including technology, tools, and processes
• Proven experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite,
• Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage resources in a matrix reporting structure
• Demonstrated Critical Thinking skills – demonstrated ability to approach technical design and construction issues, identify alternative solutions, make recommendations, and present them in an easily understood manner
• Demonstrated decisive judgment – ability to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound and objective conclusions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects from establishing project scope, resources, roles, responsibilities, communication, prioritization to goal completion
• Accountability – Proven ability to take responsibility for action and results
• Proven ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
• Proven ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations, and internal procedures
• Strong understanding of design / engineering and construction methods and philosophies pertaining to healthcare facilities
• 25-50% travel required