Medxcel is here to lead the transformation of healthcare facilities management by incorporating a new approach to providing services. Created by healthcare, for healthcare, we have a dedicated focus on our people and customers, as well as providing tools, processes, support resources, data analytics and insource strategies that drive results.
The Large Capital Projects Manager Design Integration is responsible for defining and leading Medxcel’ s approach to integrated large Capital Projects within our Design Integration team. The Large Capital Projects Manager Design Integration in collaboration with the Director Design Integration, Preconstruction & Engineering, Construction Programs, Energy and Strategic Planning will provide leadership and support to Medxcel’s Construction Standards and Specifications while monitoring planned large Capital projects for compliance. A primary focus will be ensuring the overall cohesiveness of facilities’ Design, Engineering and Architecture coupled with delivering the overall project in alignment with the mission and strategy of Ascension and Medxcel. The Large Capital Projects Manager Design Integration will model all aspects of professionalism with emphasis on establishing the system’s productive role in significant Capital projects.
This position will be located at Central Office - Indianapolis, IN.
• Responsible for co-facilitation & management of Large Capital Projects Design & Specifications
• Represent Planning, Design, Construction and Energy in key initiatives
• Participate in PDC/E committees and workgroups
• Lead process improvement initiatives related to large Capital Projects including alignment with Preconstruction, Construction Programs and Energy / Facilities Performance
• Facilitate advancement of large Capital Projects procurement planning, and scope development
• Co-Lead internal large Capital Projects Design Reviews with Preconstruction, Engineering, Energy & Medxcel Regional Teams
• Actively participate, advise and act as the Medxcel large Capital Projects expert/advocate in Skyline / Strategic Project Design & Standards Reviews
• Participate in all large Capital Project Design Exception review process(es)
• In collaboration with the Director Design Integration, determine and advise on use of 3rd party support to achieve Medxcel large Capital project objectives
• Advise on health, safety and financial risks related to process, policies, procedures, constructability and Target Value Design within large Capital projects
• In tandem with the Design Integration, Engineering, Preconstruction and Construction teams, coordinate a value-based approach to the execution of large Capital Projects which meets the needs of both Capital Management and Medxcel Operations function of the business.
• Ensure Medxcel PDC / Energy is adhering to all applicable Building Codes, FGI, Permitting, Industry and Ascension Project Management & Design Standards, while balancing all other elements to manage the Total Cost of Ownership
• Provide continual support and input to update Medxcel’ s Project Standards on a Quarterly basis, continuously reviewing our large Capital Projects against those Standards.
• Act as the primary liaison for all external professional service firms related to this area of expertise. Review applications for large Capital projects Consulting Contracts and ensure all service firms meet Medxcel & Ascension standards concerning Conduct, Safety, and Operating policies, procedures and requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field required
• Master’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
• License or certification in Healthcare Construction Management or closely related field required
• Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC), Certified Healthcare Facilities Management (CHFM) or other related healthcare certification preferred
• At least six years’ experience in healthcare construction project management required
• At least 10 years’ experience in healthcare construction project management and managing external resources in a matrix environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated Problem solving – identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner by gathering and skillfully analyzing information in a complex environment
• Demonstrated Planning/organizing – prioritizing and planning work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across all levels of a matrix organization, including technology, tools, and processes
• Demonstrated excellence in large Capital Projects Budgeting, Cash Flow Management, Scheduling, Project Controls, Issue Resolution and Executive Communications
• Proven experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite,
• Demonstrated excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage resources in a matrix reporting structure
• Demonstrated Critical Thinking skills – demonstrated ability to approach technical design and construction issues, identify alternative solutions, make recommendations, and present them in an easily understood manner
• Demonstrated decisive judgment – ability to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound and objective conclusions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects from establishing project scope, resources, roles, responsibilities, communication, prioritization to goal completion
• Accountability – Proven ability to take responsibility for action and results
• Proven ability to delegate tasks, follow up on assigned tasks and report on progress of work
• Proven ability to train others on technical components, applicable regulations, and internal procedures
• Strong understanding of design / engineering and construction methods and philosophies pertaining to healthcare facilities
• 25-50% travel required