Medxcel is here to lead the transformation of healthcare facilities management by incorporating a new approach to providing services. Created by healthcare, for healthcare, we have a dedicated focus on our people and customers, as well as providing tools, processes, support resources, data analytics and insource strategies that drive results.
The Purchasing Specialist I is responsible for executing all Purchasing related tasks and duties necessary for the cost-effective procurement of goods and services for the business for Medxcel throughout the assigned working location of Central Office - Indianapolis, IN. The Specialist is responsible for prioritizing purchase requests based on defined criteria and managing the purchase requisition review, approval and PO dispatch process with a minimum of errors, driving compliance to corporate contracts and realizing savings for the business. The Specialist is responsible for understanding the end-to-end Sourcing to Payment process, and will partner with internal stakeholders ensuring value delivery and business needs are met for all customer sites. The Specialist will ensure all governmental, local laws and codes, in addition to business ethics, are adhered to when executing Purchasing processes.
The Specialist should have a customer centric approach and work to proactively provide solutions for the Shared Service support internal customers. The Specialist should also maintain a working knowledge of facilities maintenance and understand the vendor landscape needed to support efforts.
• Execute all Purchasing related tasks and duties necessary for the cost-effective procurement of goods and services in accordance with standard Supply Chain policies, processes, practices and internal control standards
• Prioritize purchase requests based on defined criteria and managing the purchase requisition review, approval and PO dispatch process with a minimum of errors, driving compliance to corporate contracts
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, cross-functional colleagues, internal and external customers, and vendors, recognizing and communicating potential issues to Supply Chain leaders as appropriate
• Assist new sites in understanding of the Purchasing process
• Respond to internal customer questions concerning vendor selection and Supply Chain procedures and processes, and escalating questions and issues to management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: